BCE designed approximately 250 Ft or urban stream restoration and provided an overall masterplan for approximately 1/2 mile of restoration in McLean, Virginia. The design included natural channel design, bank stabilization and instream grade control structures as well as bioengineering techniques.
In certain urban environments, multiple stakeholders can have varying interests in regards to degree of risk and importance of repair. Upfront communication in community setting is critical to fielding questions about design. BCE offers design and support through all stages of urban stream restoration projects.
Long Standing Engineering ExperienceFairfax County Stormwater and Stream Restoration Engineering (2008-2013) | Fairfax County, VA*
Mr. Blossom was the engineer of record for thousands of linear feet of stream restoration in Fairfax County, responsible for engineering team leadership, design and engineering. Specifically, he provided site assessments, detailed hydraulic modeling for stream restoration design in conjunction with floodplain analysis. Mr. Blossom senior engineer, project manager, and program manager throughout the duration of this open-end contract and delivered engineering services. He was Engineering Project Manager and Engineer of Record for wetland and stream design, construction monitoring, under a, five-year, $5M open-end contract.
- Lake Martin Stream Restoration, Fairfax County, Virginia
- Old Courthouse Stream Restoration, Fairfax County, Virginia
- Oakford Drive Stream Restoration, Fairfax County, Virginia
- Lake Royal Dam Safety Study, Fairfax County, Virginia
- South Lakes Stream Restoration, Fairfax County, Virginia
- Turkey Run Stream Restoration, Fairfax County, Virginia
- Pike Branch Stream Restoration. Fairfax County, Virginia