Blossom Consulting and Engineering Inc. (BCE) provides services for the citizens of James City County through our annual engineering contract for environmental services. Recent projects include floodplain analysis for the Route 5 Emergency Waterline and Pipe Bridge Construction and support for Stormwater Local Assistance Fund Applications (SLAF) for Urban Stream Repair.
James City County, Open End Engineering Contracts*(2008-2013) | James City County, VA
Mr. Blossom coordinated with FEMA to attain a Letter of Map Revision for Powhatan Creek, and has completed multiple floodplain mitigation studies for the County. Mr. Blossom was the engineer of record for thousands of linear feet of floodplain analysis and stream restoration in James City County, responsible for engineering team leadership, design and engineering. Specifically, he provided site assessments, detailed hydraulic modeling for floodplain analysis, BMP retrofits, and stream restoration design. Mr. Blossom was senior engineer, project manager, and program manager throughout the duration of multiple open-end contracts and delivered engineering services form concept through construction coordination. He was Engineering Project Manager and Engineer of Record for Jamestown Beach as well as multiple wetland and stream design, and construction monitoring projects as components of open-end contracts and task assignments.
* While with WEG and Stantec.
- Powhatan Creek Floodplain Study and LOMR, James City County, Virginia
- Oakland Estates Stream and Headcut Restoration, James City County, Virginia
- Southpoint 216 Regenerative Stormwater Conveyance, James City County, Virginia
- Kingspoint Drainage Inventory and Stormwater Assessment, James City County, Virginia
- Mill Creek Watershed Assessment and BMP/Restoration Designs, James City County, Virginia
- Jamestown Beach Site and Stormwater Design, James City County, Virginia