Blossom Consulting and Engineering, Inc. (BCE) documented erosion and channel degradation along a stream channel and that the client was interested in creating a stream restoration plan suitable for submittal as a component of a Nutrient Reduction Implementation Plan (NRIP) requesting certification of Cold Springs as a nutrient credit generating facility. The channel had vertically incised and eroded laterally in select locations, lacked meander pattern and habitat structure.
BCE noted the following project objectives :
- Provide engineering, design and construction documents for up to 5,000 feet of stream channel restoration for the purposes of a stream to nutrient bank.
- Provide self-mitigating, natural channel design coordinated with hydraulic analysis, including integrated off channel wetlands for enhanced nutrient reduction
- Request and obtain design and permit approval on biddable plans.
- Site Assessment and Base Mapping
- Natural Channel Design (Approx. 1 Mile)
- Stream Restoration Plans & Construction Documents
- Floodplain Analysis
- Meetings and Construction Coordination
- Environmental Permitting